TASA: TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation®
TASA: TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation® is a comprehensive and rigorous training and accreditation program that offers a professional credential for anti-bribery compliance specialists. The accreditation enables professionals working in this growing field to distinguish themselves with demonstrated anti-bribery compliance expertise. TASA is the only accreditation program available that is dedicated to anti-bribery compliance and features more than 100 courses taught by world-renowned faculty. This program offers companies the highest level of training for their employees and provides individuals with a way to advance their career. The accreditation is awarded by TRACE, the internationally respected anti-bribery standard setting organization.
Accreditation Program Requirements
The accreditation process requires that candidates complete a minimum of 30 hours of coursework and pass the accreditation examination with a score of 85 or higher. The requirements must be fulfilled within 12 months of entering the program.
The TASA program provides a core set of fundamental anti-bribery compliance courses along with a broad range of regional and industry specific topics.
- Substantive Expertise: Courses focused on corporate compliance programs, third party due diligence, books and records provisions, law enforcement and international organizations.
- Regional Expertise: Courses focused on anti-bribery challenges in specific countries including, but not limited to, China, Russia, India, Nigeria, Brazil and Myanmar.
- Industry Expertise: Courses tailored for oil and gas, aerospace and defense, technology, retail, healthcare, financial services industries and the international development community.
Candidates are encouraged to design their own path of study of follow the standard two-phase structure detailed below.
Program Phase 1: Fundamentals
This phase consists of 7 one-hour fundamental courses, which candidates are encouraged to complete before moving on to intermediate and advanced courses. The fundamental courses include:
- Introduction to the FCPA: the History, the Law and the Lore
- Key Considerations in Anti-Corruption Investigations
- FCPA Compliance in Action
- Gifts and Hospitality in the Anti-Bribery Context
- Anti-Bribery Books & Records – Background, Best Practices and Red Flags
- Due Diligence on Third Parties: Rationale, Requirements and Red Flags
- The Role of the Private Sector in Combating Institutionalized Corruption in Emerging Markets
Program Phase 2: Focus Areas
This phase consists of at least 23 hours of live and recorded courses from the 5 focus areas. Candidates are advised to dedicate 3-4 hours to each of the focus areas and obtain any remaining credit hours from a TASA accredited conference.
- Compliance Programs and Risk Management
- Country/Region Specific
- International Organizations & Civil Society
- Investigations and Enforcement
|Employees of TRACE Member companies benefit from complimentary access to all live and recorded TASA: TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation® webinars and discounted tuition.|